Who was Qasem Soleimani, the Iranian general and terrorist mastermind killed by U.S. forces?
In a major victory in the war on terror and a blow to Iran’s warfighting capabilities, top Iranian general and designated terrorist Qasem Soleimani was killed in an airstrike by U.S. forces overnight. The strike took place at the Baghdad airport, where Suleimani was working with Iranian backed Shia militia leaders in Iraq to plot further attacks against U.S. forces and allies throughout the Middle East. Also killed in the attack was Abu Mahdi al-Muhandis, leader of the Popular Mobilization Forces, a group of militias in Iraq that operated with Iran’s backing against U.S. forces in the country.
Who was the terrorist mastermind? Here are some fast facts.
- Second most powerful man in Iran behind only the Supreme Leader
- Commander of the Quds Force, an elite military unit of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps, a U.S. designated foreign terrorist organization
- Mastermind behind expanded Iranian influence in Syria, Lebanon, Iraq, Gaza, Afghanistan, Yemen and the rest of the Middle East
- Oversaw all of Iranian adventurism and malign activities throughout the region
- Directly responsible for the killing of 608 American soldiers in Iraq, 17% of all fatalities
- Responsible for serious injuries to thousands of other Americans
- Puppetmaster behind Syria’s bloody civil war that has killed thousands
- Planned and executed attacks on our allies including Israel and Saudi Arabia
- Orchestrated recent attacks on the U.S. embassy in Baghdad and the K1 Military Base in Iraq that killed an American contractor
- Actively planning future attacks on U.S. targets
The significance of Soleimani’s death cannot be understated. He was personally responsible for the deaths of thousands and the suffering of countless more. America and the world are safer today now that he is dead. This will also act to send a message of deterrence to would-be enemies of the United States, our country and our President will not sit idly by as American lives are at risk. A major victory in the war on terror!
CLICK BELOW TO SHARE THIS ARTICLE WITH YOUR FRIENDS