President Trump's Proposed Immigration Plan:
1. Fully Secure The Border: The President’s plan creates a permanent, self-sustaining border security fund. Paid for with fees and revenues generated at ports of entry, the trust fund will ensure that law enforcement officers never have to wait on Congress to give them the resources to do their jobs.
2. Restore Integrity To America's Exploited Asylum Process: President Trump wants to expedite relief for legitimate asylum seekers—and send those who abuse the system home promptly.
3. Modernize The Legal Immigration Process To Protect American Workers: Through a point-based merit system, the President’s plan increases the number of legal immigrants selected based on skill or merit from 12 percent to 57 percent.
4. Promote National Unity: The President’s plan is designed to attract immigrants who are ready to integrate into America’s melting pot.
5. Prioritize The Immediate Families Of U.S. Citizens And New Immigrants: The President’s plan prioritizes immediate family members of U.S. citizens and permanent residents.
6. Increase Diversity And Equality: The “Build America Visa” will use a clear, fair point-based criteria—one that prizes extraordinary achievement and potential to contribute to our Nation—to determine who should be issued a green card for permanent residence in the United States.