On July 18th President Trump had the opportunity to not re-certify the Iran Deal. During his campaign he pledged multiple times that he would end the terrible agreement. Even though Secretary of State, Rex Tillerson, was going to announce the re-certification of the deal, Trump nearly ordered the White House to tell Congress that it could not certify that Iran was complying with the deal.
Here is what you need to know about the situation:
1. Make no mistake, the president is serious about cracking down on Iran for its regional aggression, and has already called for new sanctions against the world's #1 state sponsor of terror.
2. The administration considers Iran to be in breach of the spirit, if not the letter, of the nuclear agreement because, they say, the bargain's purpose was to enhance regional stability.
3. Iranians have started hinting that they consider the non-nuclear sanctions imposed by the U.S. to be violations of the agreement.
4. In the next 90 days, President Trump can easily decide to end the terrible agreement.
5. Even though the White House re-certified the deal on July 18th, the Iran Deal is on life support!